Biography Mike Hurst
Rev2/Tune Tech Rally Team
- 1982 Northern Lights - First Rally (co-drove for Dale Atkins)
- 1993, 94, 95 Central Division Rally Champion
- 1994 Sand Hills - First-ever Group 2 Winner
- 1994 - 3rd in Group 2 National Points Standings
- 1995 - Finished 5th overall at Ojibwe, 3rd overall at Lake Superior, 10th in National Championship points
- 1996 - 3rd in Group 5 National Points Standings
- 1995-1996 - Rallied front drive, all wheel drive, front engine/rear drive, rear engine/rear drive, all competitively within a 12 month span
- 1998 - 2nd in Group 5 National Points Standings
- 1999 - Scored 4 class victories in Divisional rallies, Won Group 5 decisively at the final National event of the year
- 2000 - Runner up in Group 5 Club Rally National Championship
- 1982-1988 - Datsun 510, RWD, 2.0 litre 120hp, 1900 lbs. Open Class
- 1988-1992 - Nissan 200SX, RWD, 2.0 litre 100hp, 2600 lbs. Production Class
- 1992-1996 - Nissan 200SX, RWD, 2.0 litre DOHC 240hp, 2500lbs. FIA Group A/Group 2 Class
- 1996 - Mitsubishi Eclipse, AWD 2.0 litre DOHC turbo, 220hp, 3100 lbs. Production GT Class
- 1996-1998 - Porsche 911, RWD 3.0 litre 240hp, 2000lbs. Group 5 Class
- 1998-1999 - Mazda RX-7, RWD 1.3 litre Peripheral Port 270hp, 2200 lbs. Group 5 Class
- 2000 - Pontiac Sunbird, FWD 2.0 litre turbo 200hp, 2700 lbs. Group 5 car for ice & snow rallies
- 2000-2001 - Ford Mustang, RWD 6.2 litre SVO V-8, ??hp, 3075lbs. Group 5 Class
2000 saw the debut of a new car for the Rev2/Tune Tech Rally Team - a Ford Mustang which could possibly be the most powerful rally car in ProRally competition.
The Mustang features:
* 351 block, bored & stroked to 386 cubic inches
* 11.0:1 compression ratio
* CNC ported aluminum cylinder heads with 2.05" intake valves
* High lift, flat tappet camshaft; high-rise single plane intake manifold
* 830 CFM, 4 barrel carburetor
* 5-speed manual transmission, 4.10 final drive ratio
* Custom built suspension links with revised geometry
* Large, 4 wheel vented disc brakes
"While it may be the most powerful rally car around," commented Hurst, "it is also one of the most challenging to drive."
Mike was formerly a mechanic/pit crew for 3-time Winston Cup Champion David Pearson.
Mike and his wife Suzanne have been married 14 years. They have three children: Tory (11), Katherine (10), and Michael (6).
Mike's sponsors include:
Tune Tech Corp.
Mike can be contacted at: